Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fourth of July Wine Tasting

First, happy Fourth of July to all of us who consider it a good thing. Slightly belated Happy Canada Daty to our neighbors to the north.

Today is my dad's birthday, so I wanted to find some higher-quality organic wines for our tasting. I went to my local Bev-Mo thinking I'd have a better selection. Well, maybe, but it was like the proverbial needle in the haystack. They have lots to choose from, but without reading the fine print associated with every bottle it was hard to figure out what was organic. I settled on two:

Bonterra Vineyards 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon. This was a silver medalist in Monterey. Very smooth and not too tannic. Very nice with the tri-tip.
Naked (from Snoqualomie Vineyards) 2006 Riesling. Definitely sweet and more of a dessert wine, but smoothly sweet, not cloying. Rated 90 points.

Both of these are from organically grown grapes, rather than being fully organic wines.

technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: